North of Winnipeg lies the rural municipality of St. Andrew’s, an historic area with beautiful old buildings from Manitoba’s early days. Tea in the Maple Grove Tea Room at the Captain Kennedy House is a lavish affair, replete with ghost stories and the best desserts this side of heaven. The camera was a bit unpredictable and didn’t seem to hold settings properly, but that didn’t stop us.
After a leisurely sojourn on the veranda overlooking the Red River and a tour through the museum and gardens, we walked to the St. Andrew’s Anglican Church cemetery, just across the road, to take some photos. St. Andrew’s on the Red was built in 1849 and is the oldest surviving stone church in western Canada.
This shot in the cemetery was taken in RAW ISO-100, f/9, 1/160 sec.
It was processed in Aperture and exported as a 16-bit TIFF in ProPhoto color space to Photoshop for slight curve adjustment and sharpening. Then converted to sRGB IEC61966 and sized for web as a JPG.
NOTE: Maple Grove Tea Room has been permanently closed since 2015 and restoration to the structure must be completed before the Kennedy House museum can reopen, but the church on its own is well worth a visit.